The Upside Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne

3 posters

Go down

Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Empty Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne

Post by FrenchBD Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 am

The cart creaks along the well trodden path to Verdunne. "We're about ten minutes out, so, I'd suggest you make ready." The Coachman calls out. In the cart with you are several other adventurers, each appearing to be somewhere between distraught, and determined. The City of Verdunne is built inside The Iron Hills, near the Gauhr Summit and, due to its location, is almost always freezing. Verdunne was built by dwarves centuries ago, and then finally went under Duke LeVynce's control. The city is ponderous, with ancient mining tunnels reaching in many directions. As such, the Giant is hard to find.

"Duke LeVynce wanted me to let you know that there is free board at the inn while you are all doing this job." The coachman paused, and then added "I have to admit, it'll be nice when you end this Giant problem. It's been really hectic in the cart business, what with having to be looking for that."

<<<ooOoo>>>

Dúlinnor drew his cloak tight around him, shivering as he does so. They were almost to the entrance of the city, a great gateway into the side of the mountain. It looked ominously over them all. He wasn't used to cold weather like this. After all, he was a wood elf. He muttered an Elvish curse under his breath and stuck his hands under his cloak and groaned. He hated the cold about as much as the undead. "Hopefully someone around here knows some flame enchantments... That'd be nice..."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

https://theupsidegamers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Empty Re: Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne

Post by The Savage ED Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Edlrik would look about and breath in the brisk air. The cold air would nip lightly at his exposed skin as he studied his surroundings. He wasn't affected much by this colder weather, but out of instinct, he drew his cape's neck guards up to cover his neck and heated himself up. He needed to be somewhat aware of his surroundings, not that anything here could kill him, but incase he had an opportunity to engage in combat. He doubted it, but never was a bad deal to be ready.

Edlrik would hear the Elf's complaints and smirk. He would reach out and attempt to send a soft gust of heated air towards Dúlinnor to help him out.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

http://TheSavageED.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Savage rolled a 2 on a 6 sided die, meaning it somewhat worked.

Dúlinnor felt a warm gust of air come from one of the other passengers. "Ah. Well, that... Works, I suppose." Dúlinnor drew his cloak close again. "It's still cold though..." Dúlinnor nodded to the man nearby him, who undoubtedly aided him. "I suppose that if we are to be fighting together, we should at least know each others names." Dúlinnor smirked to himself. "I'm Dúlinnor, and, that's really all I care to say about that."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laura7lewis Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:21 am

(Edlrick is across from Dulinnor, and next to Edlrick in the bumpy cart is Feayra. Just so ya know!)

As Dúlinnor was still speaking to the man across from him, Faeyra felling unsure of the strangers in the cart, she slowly moved her shivering hands near her scabbard and held the grip of her sword tightly. She thought to herself " I can't WAIT to be next to a warm fire!!.....Gosh! I can't even fell my Toes anymore!!!" As she tried scrambling her thoughts together, she noticed a faint voice followed by muffled laugh coming from the man next to her." What are you laughing at!?" Faeyra said harshly as she darted her head at him with a puzzled look on her face. " I was just simply asking you your name! But you didn't say anything! I didn't mean for you to get startled!!" said the man as he lean slightly away from her. Faeryra noticed that her hands was still on the sword with it drawn out by an inch or so. "OH MY! I'm sorry! I was just in....d..deep thought." she said as she smiled at the man, Thinking to herself "Well maybe I shouldn't be so harsh to them, I never know, they could be my friends one day!?" then added shivering "M..m.m..mm..my name is F..f..f.ffaeyra,....F..Faeyra Aelfelm! w..what's yours?" "It,s Edlrick Vhad Savaghe." He said with a smirk. Faeyra and Edlrik looked across to the cart to Dúlinnor. Then Faeyra felling more colder than EVER said to Dulinnor "well, at L....LL..Least you k..know his n..n..name if you get a f.ff...f.fight!!"
laura7lewis
laura7lewis

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Left_bar_bleue300/300Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:02 am

Dúlinnor nods to himself. "Yes, that's true... Which, if all goes to plan, we will be." Dúlinnor paused in contemplation. "I wonder if we're each getting the reward, or if it will be divided between us? Hmm."

The coachman looked over his shoulder at the passengers. "You ready? We're entering Verdunne now." The path took a steady incline down hill, into the mountain. Before the cart lay gigantic iron gates, roughly the size of a Dragon's wingspan (and Dragons have a /large/ wingspan, mind you.). The iron gates slowly swung open, ushering them into the ancient city. "Verdunne was built by the Kolen Dwarves, y'know. Expert metal workers, they was. They built this whole city from the, well, ground down, and carved it inch by inch."

Dúlinnor closed his eyes and leaned back. "Yes, they finished it a mere twenty years before they were all slaughtered by your King's grandfather. Gold is certainly the way into the heart of Man..."

The coachman scoffed. "That's rich, coming from you, elf."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:11 am

Edlrik would shake his head slowly and smile. He would keep his thoughts to himself as he contemplates Dúlinnor's question.

"They will probably split the bounty amongest us here, I doubt that even with the riches of these Kolen Dwarves that the good Duke had potentially claimed could pay us all that ammount equally." He kept a mindful eye on Faeyra. A nervous hand on a blade could be trouble in battle.

He would see the massive gate as they rode up upon it. He was a bit stunned by its size. Granted it was no gate from his home, but it was still impressive none the least. Edlrik would draw his cape close as their trek came to a stop.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:01 am

The cart makes its way through the ancient city, its inhabitants eyeing them hopefully as they pass. The cavern is monumental in size, with the top and far walls fading into obscurity. After several minutes, the coachman pulls the cart to the side, and draws it to a halt. "This is as far as I can take you. The Duke is in the Citadel, straight ahead." The coachman busies himself with his work.

Dúlinnor turns towards Edlrik and Faeyra and smiles. "Well then. I suppose it might be best for us to meet this 'Duke LeVynce', and see just what we're in for."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:58 am

Edlrik nods in agreement.
"It probably would be a decent idea to also see where we will be staying at for the time being." He stood idle and studied the citadel, waiting for everyone else to begin heading towards it before he does.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 pm

And so it was decided. They were to visit Duke LeVynce in the Citadel prior to their housing arrangements. Not wanting to be in the back, Dúlinnor led the way to the Citadel.

Before they were even twenty paces away from the cart, a crack like lightning shot, and the ground shook fearsomely. Numerous citizens screamed in terror a couple streets over. ROLL 1D20 FOR BALANCE

D20 Dúlinnor internally trembled at the fearsome sound. "Well... I think we found the Giant."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:44 am

((rolled a 19 on 1 1D20))
Edlrik held his ground as well. He looked off towards the sound of the fleeing citizens and looked towards where they were running from.

"I believe so" he said to Dúlinnor. "Hope the bounty is ready." He added as he followed the elf.

While following the elf he called forth his weapons and summoned his full armor.

"I call upon the vault of Light,
to summon forth my weapons of might,
To help us win this fight"
He reached forwards as bright beams of light illuminated his hands, bringing forth his sword and shield.

"I ask of the Vault to send forth my armor of the sun.
So that when evil faces me, it will become undone."

Then the light bathed him and covered him in a golden sheened armor the covered him from head to toe, and had a long flowing white cape appear, with gold trim around its edges, materialize as well.

He continued to follow and hoped that he could stop this menace.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:29 am

Dúlinnor drew his twin blades and drew his cloak around him. "Time to stretch my legs!" He smirked as he looked at the nearby building.

----------
DúLINNOR used AMAZING JUMP

DúLINNOR rolled a 19

It's super effective!

----------

Dúlinnor calculated the distance between himself, the nearby canopy, and the rooftop. With his ever present smirk, he glanced over to Faeyra and nodded. He leapt into the air, landed on the canopy, and launched himself onto the rooftop. After landing, he drew his cloak around him and sprinted along the rooftops, making his way to the giant.

He saw a misshapen lump of a head over the rooftops, and a stench so foul that he almost gagged. "Yep... That's a giant alright." He drew his cloak over his nose, so as to spare himself from the smell.
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laura7lewis Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:10 pm

((Rolled a 20 on a d20))
Faeyra was unaffected by the tremor. After all, she was used to slaying Dragons. The various townspeople around screamed and ran away. She began to take off after Edlrik, when behind her came a loud crash followed by the sound of horses whinneying. She turned to see the coachman from earlier fallen on the ground.

As she rushed over to his side, Faeyra heard Edlrik… Reading poetry? Or something. "A - Are you alright?" Faeyra asked the coachman. "Don't worry about me, go worry about the giant!" The coachman muttered as she helped him up. Faeyra nodded, and turned to see… Well, everyone else was gone.

Faeyra shrugged, and ran off down  the road towards the inevitable confrontation with the Giant.
laura7lewis
laura7lewis

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Left_bar_bleue300/300Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)

Back to top Go down

Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Empty Facing the Giant

Post by FrenchBD Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:04 am

The Giant was a massive, misshapen, smelly, well, Giant. It was roughly two and a half stories tall (or twenty five feet), smelled awful, and, of course, had the attitude to match. Generally, it was just swinging stuff around and making a mess of things. There was, in addition to the giant body odor, a smell that Dúlinnor couldn't place his finger on. It wasn't natural, he knew that much. The Giant let out a guttural roar, making the bystanders quake in fear.

Dúlinnor glanced down to the streets at Edlrik and Faeyra, and nodded at them. This is what they were called here for, after all. Dúlinnor waited for just the right moment, then, with only a little bit of trepidation in his heart, he leapt off of the rooftop at the Giant.

Rolled a 4 on a d20

With a roar, the Giant grabbed Dúlinnor out of the air. He brought Dúlinnor close to his face and stared him down. "Uh, hehe, ah, good afternoon?" Dúlinnor nervously chuckled. Unfortunately, the Giant wasn't in a talkative mood, and roared in Dúlinnor's face - much to his chagrin. Then, as if to make matters better, the Giant promptly flung Dúlinnor towards the nearest building.

Rolled a 6 on a d20
Took 12 damage!
Current Health, 288 HP

Dúlinnor crashed through the wall, and found himself inside of a seamstress's shop. "Sorry to drop in like this..." He muttered as he picked himself up. The Seamstress, meanwhile, was distraught from first the Giant outside, followed now by a strange Elf crashing through the wall like this. The builder and repairman three streets over were ecstatic - business had never been better for them.

Dúlinnor steadied himself on the new hole in the wall, looking out at the terrible Giant. "Well then. So much for the stealthy approach."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Edlrik made it to where the Giant was at, just as the beast hurled Dúlinnor into the building.

The Immortal winced as he readied himself for combat.

Used free action: HOLD GROUND and will NOT use protection.

Edlrik hefted his shield up and rushed at the giant and swung his sword at the beast's leg!

rolled a 1d20 and got a 20
Edlirk landed a hit and got a 4 out of a 1d12.

The Immortal managed to slice open the Giant's leg, but only as a wound, not hurting the monster too much.

"Blast it." He cursed as he continued to hold up his shield against the Giant. "He reeks."
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:35 pm

THE GIANT

The Giant glanced down at the tiny ant that bit him. Needless to say, he wasn't happy.

Attack Roll - Rolled a 15 on a d20

The Giant lifted his mighty foot up into the air and prepared to squash Edlrik like the bug he appeared to be.

<----ooOoo---->

DÚLINNOR

Dúlinnor saw the scene unfolding before his eyes, and knew he had to act quickly. Unfortunately, he was too slow.

Used TURN INTO BEAR

The change came quickly. His hands morphed into paws, and his hair grew out into shaggy tufts over his body. As if the poor seamstress wasn't traumatized enough. Dúlinnor leapt out of the building and, much like the Giant, let out a loud roar. He ran into the Giant's other leg, toppling it over.

The Giant falls onto a building. Loses 33 Health and destroys the building.

Dúlinnor stood in his bear form panting heavily after pushing the Giant over. He looked over at Edlrik and roared at him, prowling around at the ready for the Giant's next move.
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Edlrik nodded and rushed towards the Giant. He raised his sword high and looked at the destruction.
"Today we end this monster's reign!" He boomed as he went to strike the beast.
(Rolled a 16 on a 1d20. He gains a 1+ attack damage because of Weapons master.)
Edlrik brought his blade down on the giant and hit him for a total of (12 out of a 1d12, +1)
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laura7lewis Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 am

Faeyra, after finally making her way to the battle seen, sees the back of Edlrik fly in the air to attack the beast. Faeyra with high adrenaline, draws her sword and charges towards the Giant with all her might in a loud roar!

(Rolled a 17 on a d20. she gains 1+ attack.)
Faeyra, not realizing the bear near Edlrik, runs near Edlrik, and jumps on the Giant's thigh thrusting down her sword.
(10 out of a 1d20 1+)
Faeyea quickly turns the sword left and right before she ruthlessly tares it out of the Giants flesh. Then Flips off the before the Giant attacks her, and so gets out of the way for Edlrik and........."Dulinnor?!" She thinks to herself "Were is he?" while looking over to the enormous harry bear near Edlrik "AND WHY IS THERE A BEAR?"....
laura7lewis
laura7lewis

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:06 pm

Before the Giant can react, a loud noise like lightning resounds from the surroundings, and the Giant is gone.

Dúlinnor roars from the noise, before he slumps down to the ground. The bear's paws shrink back into hands, and he returns to his normal state - albeit in more tattered garb. He slowly steadies himself back onto his feet, shooting a furtive glance at his companions. He recollects himself and clears his throat. "It would appear that there is more to this than I anticipated..." He sniffs the surroundings apprehensively, catching the scent of ozone. "A sorcerer is behind this... One that can move a creature from one spot to another. Interesting."

He begins to walk away, before pausing his stride. "I apologize for what happened. Next time won't be so easy for me to... Change. The spell shocked me out of it this time. Just keep that in mind."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Edlrik nodded and smirked.
"Good reminder, And I'll make sure I have something ready just incase things get hairy again." He gathered himself and continued after Dúlinnor. He patted him on the shoulder as a thanks and put away his weapons.

He was all the more curious about their situation and wondered who was truly responsible for the teleportation of the Giant away.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chapter 01: The Giant of Verdunne Empty The Duke

Post by FrenchBD Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:21 pm

After a short walk, the heroes found themselves before the Citadel.

The Citadel was in much better condition than the rest of Verdunne. "You know, l never had much respect for someone that works in a place that looks better than the rest of town." Dúlinnor shrugs to himself. "Ooh! Edlrik! Can you remind me to go back to that tailor that I crashed into earlier? I need some new clothes."

The Duke, opening hearing that they have arrived, hurries down the steps towards them. "It's about time you got here! That thing is wreaking havoc on my city. It sent nineteen of my best men to the physician last night, and let me tell you, that is not the least -" "I get it, he's a terrible thing. So, are we all getting paid the same amount, or are we dividing it between us? Because if that's the case, I'm out of here..." The Duke is stunned. "Y- You're worrying about your payment at a time like this!?" Dúlinnor nods. "I mean, the flyer was really vague..."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laura7lewis Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:05 pm

"I agree..." said Faeyra as she walked towards an antique buffet on the left wall. Faeyra grabs a small silver goblet, then tosses and catches it with her other hand. "The flyer was really vague,...." she said as she turns to the Duke. " Hmmm..... I wander why?....BUT! Not to get into that, I had the same question as Dúlinnor. Therefore, there's two way this can go." She sits down on a armchair nearby and straightens.

"One,.... you DON'T pay us all individually the same amount, sooo we leave..., you save "some" money, But the town gets destroyed. People die, you lose workers' and most of your military troops', your revenue goes down, then eventually you lose your wealth, your military forces' and weapons, you and your TOWN become impoverish! Then word gets to the royal courts of how out of hand this is getting, then they send for you. You either RUN or face the court for all kinds of charges! so on and so forth...." Faeyra give a serious look at the Duke. "It gets pretty messy."

"Or,... number two." She reclines back. "You pay us all individually the SAME amount. We take care of the giant, and everything goes back to the way it was!" She smiles while looking at the shimmering goblet in her hand."Bing bada Boom!" shes jumps up, softly looks at the Duke. "Oh! and if your thinking about getting other people to take the job,... good luck finding them!" She starts walking towards the grand golden stair case. " And WHERE is the kitchen in this place?! I'm STAaarrrving!!" she says as she runs up.
laura7lewis
laura7lewis

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 am

The Duke paled at Faeyra's words. He showed a broad range of emotion in just a short amount of time, first he was scared, then angry, and then he submitted. "Fine... Each of you will get the full amount. If you survive, of course." He cleared his throat and straightened up. "I don't mean that as threat - quite simply, this giant is dangerous. I haven't seen anything like him, to be honest."

"You still haven't answered the most important question!" Dúlinnor shouted indignantly. The Duke sighed. [/color=darkblue]"I have been told that there is an excellent tavern across from where you three are staying. I'm positive that they'll take care of it, once you tell them that you're taking care of the problem. Now get out, I have important things to do.[/color] In the matter of seconds, the heroes were ushered outside by the guards. The grand door slams shut behind them.

"Well. That went well, wouldn't you say so?"
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Edlrik kept quiet as he let the other do the talking, money was a petty thing to him, but again, it was a much needed resource in this world. He grunted as they were kicked out.
"Sure, I guess." he murmured as he followed them to the tavern. "he seemed pretty odd about the payment though." he mentioned as he rolled his shoulders. He'd sleep well tonight.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down