The Upside Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASS EFFECT CHALLENGER

2 posters

Go down

MASS EFFECT CHALLENGER Empty MASS EFFECT CHALLENGER

Post by FrenchBD Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:01 am

"Good morning, Commander. It is currently 9:02 AM on -" Before the VI could continue, I sleepily tap a button on the interface next to my bed. Truth be told, I'm still getting used to people calling me Commander. I sit up in my bed and groan as I stretch my arms. Today was an important day. I honestly never thought the day would come when I have my own ship. The fact that it's the best equipped ship in the whole galaxy is another plus. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that today, I'll be meeting my crew. MY crew.

I've only briefly scanned the dossiers on some of my crew members. I probably should read them soon, when I get the chance. At noon, I will be meeting with them in docking bay D14, and I can't afford to be late to that...

I get up and finish putting on my casual attire, getting myself a glass of water afterwards. Things were going to be different. I probably won't see this place for a while, seeing as how I'll be in a completely different galaxy for the unforeseeable future.

After I finish the few things that need to be done, I make my way to D14, perhaps a little too excited to see my ship, the Warsaw. If what they're saying is right, she's tied with the Normandy for the best ship we've got. The only difference is the history of them. But this one is equipped with an inter-galactic mass effect core, something that no other ship in the navy - let alone the entire universe, has at their disposal. I get onto the elevator, and press the button for the Docking Bay.
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

https://theupsidegamers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

MASS EFFECT CHALLENGER Empty Re: MASS EFFECT CHALLENGER

Post by FrenchBD Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 pm

The elevator makes a soft humming sound as it ascends to the docks, barely distinguishable under the catchy music playing on the speakers. I've always liked elevator music - something about it is just... Soothing.

As I steadily progress, I begin to read some of the crew dossiers on my data pad. There's quite an interesting selection, I must admit.

The elevator stops. Glancing at the indicator, I see that this is not my floor. The door slid open with a ding. "Creator Laenna'Ren, the elevator has arrived." This first voice was synthetic - a little unusual on the citadel these days. To say that I was surprised by what happened next would be a bit of an understatement. "Thank you for pointing that out, Myriad." Said a second voice from outside. This one was Female. A Quarian walked onto the elevator, followed by a Geth Prime. The Geth had to stoop slightly to fit into the elevator.

"Forgive us for this intrusion. We will not be here long. The Quarian nods slightly. "Uh, don't mention it." I reply, shaking my head slightly. "Where are you headed?" I asked, since I'm the closest to the controls. "We are going to Docking Bay D24, to begin our mission aboard the Warsaw." The Geth's light blinked. "That is the destination of this elevator, is it not?" "That's... Correct." I pause slightly. D24? These must be part of my crew. I open the dossiers again. Sure enough, there they were.

"So, you say you're on the Warsaw. Any idea who your commanding officer is?" Laenna'Ren shakes her head. "Unfortunately, no. I have not had the luxury of time to discover that." She sighs, leaning against the side of the elevator. I smile slightly. "Perhaps I can help with that, I'm - " "Scans show that you are Commander Bartlett, of the Warsaw. You are the Commanding Officer." Laenna'Ren steps back a little bit. "Commander Bartlett, yes, that is correct... And you are him? I apologize for any disturbances we might have made, sir. I am Laenna'Ren, and this is -" "Myraid, yes, I know." I glance at the Geth. "I don't even need to scan you to know that one." Myraid is unfazed. "Not surprising. The consensus shows that I am one of twenty-three Geth on the Citadel. I am the only one accompanied by a Creator. Your attempt at humor has been noted."

The elevator comes to a halt on D24. "You have now reached, Deck 24."

Laenna'Ren and Myraid step off of the elevator, followed shortly by me. Off the elevator, Myriad stands up straight. "Well then, all that remains now is to wait for the others."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:26 pm

Kregar would huff as he made his way to the elevator.
"Bah, Missed my ride." he grumbled as he watched to doors close while he was a good ways away from it. He noticed some of the riders where dressed in uniform.

"Must have been some of my crew mates..." he muttered as he hit the doors in protest.

"guess I will wait for the next ride down." he set his rucksack down on the floor and stood next to the elevator and waited. He grew bored fast waiting there. He began humming a tune he remembered from his childhood. It was a short tune, but he did it to past time.

Before too long though the door chimed as the elevator returned to him.

"About time. Took ya long enough." he grumbled as he put in his destination. He stood in a corner, rucksack back in hand, as the doors closed behind him.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

http://TheSavageED.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:47 pm

The elevator doors closed shut behind me, the light indicating that it is now going back down. A quick glance at my surroundings showed that I'm on the overlook of the hanger. Nothing was as important as the sight in front of me, however. It was a Normandy-class vessel, that much was certain. It's hull was a dark silver, with dark blue accents. Emblazoned along the hull was the words "SSV Warsaw SR-1". Simply put, it was... Inspiring.

"So, this is the Warsaw." I lean against the railing. "This is your first time seeing it?" Laenna'Ren inquired. I nodded. "My first time seeing it in person. I've only seen concepts and vids of it until now." I paused, a concerned look on my face. "Come to think of it, I haven't even met all the crew. To be honest, other than the pilot, you and Myriad are the only crew I've met." Laenna'Ren chuckles. "You'd probably be better off keeping that detail to yourself, Commander. Hardly a way to start a speech." "I'm supposed to give a speech?" "It is not required." Myriad stated. "Thanks Myraid."

Before the conversation could progress any further, I heard a voice behind me. "Hey Bartlett. Can you believe this? They're actually trusting me to pilot this thing... I'm not sure if the Alliance guys know what they've signed up for here." I knew who it was before she even finished speaking. Turning towards the woman, I smile. "Aspen Knox. If anyone can pilot this 'thing', it's you." Turning to Laenna and Myriad, I introduce them to Aspen.

The introductions having been made and finished, I turned my attention to overseeing the preparations of the ship. I downloaded a map of the ship onto my datapad for whenever I need it. The layout was like most Stealth Reconnaissance vessels.

The Captains Cabin - my cabin - was on the top deck. The Combat and Information Center, Conference Room, and Bridge were all on the second.
On the third was, well, pretty much everything. There was the crew quarters and sleeper pods, observation rooms, XO's quarters, medical and laboratory, and the cannons. There was an odd note saying that the cannons need to be calibrated frequently, for whatever reason.
The fourth deck had engineering and storage rooms, and also had access to the shuttle bay and armory.

All this work, and I still haven't stepped foot on the Warsaw yet. Satisfied that all was going well, I make my way back to the crew.
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Kregar waited patiently on the lift to get him up to his destination. He grunted as he found the elevator music boring and repetitive, it was starting to wear on him.

"Stupid music, how can people enjoy this? It just repeats the same seven tones over and over again." He sighed in frustration as he glowered at the speakers. He had a thought and smirked. He'd mute it. Anyway he knew how.

Before too long, the Krogen smiled and chuckled to himself. Sure, his Idea cost him a pair of briefs, but the music wasn't annoying him anymore and it'd likely make one laugh at it when they entered next.

The ends justified his means. And his means where effective.

He sighed in peace as he felt the elevator slow down to allow him to get off.

"Good, I was hoping not to be here when someone started asking questions."

The elevator would have chimed Kregar didn't clog its speaker. Chuckling to himself, he picked up his rucksack and stepped through the opening doors.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchBD Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:02 am

Aspen turned towards the elevator when it opened. "And you must be Kregar. I'm Aspen, the, ah, pilot. This is Laenna, and Myriad." "A Krogan? I have never seen one in person before." Laenna curiously examined the Krogan. "Creator Laenna'Ren, I would not advise getting close to the Krogan. I have heard that they are usually hostile."

Laenna made sure to keep a safe distance.

I approached Kregar. "Kregar, I'm Commander Bartlett. Welcome to the crew."
FrenchBD
FrenchBD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Savage ED Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 pm

"Thank you Commander," he grunted as he strode past him. He made no remark to the Geth or it's Creator, but made his way to the ship. He was focused on getting on board and beginning his tour.

"This is the Warsaw huh?" he said as he closed in on the ship.
The Savage ED
The Savage ED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum